Thursday 29 September 2016

Maple Glazed Salmon


I marinated a piece of salmon for myself for the afternoon with about 3 TBSP maple syrup, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp dill and pepper.  I baked it for about 20 minutes at 350F (covered) and then also pan fried a little at the end, because I like it a little “crispy” – probably more than any normal person would want their salmon but whatever.

 

Since there doesn’t seem to be a vegetarian equivalent to salmon yet that I know of, I just cooked Brent one of his vegetarian scaloppini. A brushed a little maple syrup on both sides of his, and sprinkled with pepper and dill weed, then added some sriracha sauce to the top and baked, uncovered for about 20 mins.

 

We had cauliflower in the fridge and I found this recipe on Kitchen Treaty – SOOOOO good!! A little messy/sticky when baking but tasted awesome – Maple Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower!  Even though we had similar flavors on our protein, everything was still super tasty and different.

 


 

And topped it off with a little side salad of spinach, grapes, goat cheese and my balsamic vinaigrette I made the other day:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 

3/4 cup olive oil

1 tsp honey

1 tsp pomegranate juice

1 tsp dried dill weed

1/2 tsp minced garlic


                      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment