Tuesday 27 September 2016

Spinach and Cranberry Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Tonight I just kind of made dinner up!  Stuffed chicken with salad and a pomegranate martini!

Slice a chicken breast open lengthwise slightly to create a pocket (don't slice the chicken right in half!) and then open and sprinkle with some salt and pepper, lay 4 leaves of baby spinach in the pocket and spread soft cheese on top (I used Boursin cranberry and pepper!). Close the chicken breast and drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with pepper and bake, covered for 30 minutes.

I couldn't stuff Brent's chicken, so just baked it for about 10 minutes and then flipped and topped with pepper, spinach and cranberry cheese and baked for another 10 mins!

For the salad, I topped spinach with pomegranate seeds, chopped avocado, hemp seeds and some of the Boursin cranberry cheese crumbled and a balsamic vinaigrette:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp pomegranate juice (from the pomegranate I used to get the seeds from!)
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Shake in tight fitting container until mixed


And I topped my dinner off with a little Pomegranate Martini:

1 oz vodka
1 oz pomegranate juice
Lime and pomegranate seeds to garnish 

Shake vodka and juice together in a shaker and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment