Tuesday 6 September 2016

Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Sandwich

I ripped this recipe out of Women's Health in March 2011 apparently and just trying it now lol! It was soooo good tonight!

For 1 serving each you'll need:
-1 chicken breast (I had one skinless boneless breast for me and a veggie breast for Brent)
-1 pineapple slice (I bought Canned slices but fresh would be delish!)
-A few slices of fresh or pickled jalapeƱo (I used 1 fresh one split between 2 of us)
-Teriyaki sauce (I used La Grille brand)
-1 slice Swiss cheese
-1 bun (we used ciabatta... I feel like I always do but my dad's store keeps making these and they're too good, I can't help myself)
-I slice of red onion, thinly sliced

Marinate chicken breast with teriyaki sauce (marinate separately of course if you are cooking real and veggie) for at least 1/2 hour.
Heat BBQ and then remove chicken from marinade and put on the BBQ! Cook for at least 5 minutes on each side. When almost cooked, place buns on top rack of BBQ to toast and at the same time either lay Swiss slices on the open faced bun or on the chicken breast (I chose the bun for less mess!). Also add pineapple slices to the grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
Top each bun with chicken, pineapple, jalapeƱos, onion and a little extra sauce if you'd like!

I also made us a little side salad, I inspired by the "wine and cheese" salad I like at Lady of the Lake in Brandon! Mixed greens, red grapes, pecans, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette (the recipe I posted on Sunday!).

Yum yum yum



No comments:

Post a Comment