Wednesday 28 September 2016

Thai Pumpkin Soup




I have seen quite a few versions of this recipe in some of our cook books, but took my own little spin on it today with what I had in the house!  It was… spicy - but really good!

 

14 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)

14 oz can light coconut milk

1 Thai Red Pepper, seeded and chopped

4 cups vegetable broth

3 carrots, peeled and chopped

¼ cup red onion, chopped

4 stalks of celery, chopped

1 red potato, peeled and chopped

1 tsp hot curry powder

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp coriander

2 tsp brown sugar

Pinches of salt and pepper

 

Combine all in the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours then use immersion blender to make smooth! I garnished with a little more cayenne pepper and a little Thai red pepper - I’ve seen a few recipes garnished with pumpkin seeds which would be nice too!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment