Monday 12 September 2016

Chicken, Nectarine and Plum Stir-fry



I found this recipe online in 2009 apparently (according to the random sheet of paper I printed that I still haven't bothered to transfer to a recipe card!) and I have made it many times since then! It's nice and "summer-y" and colourful and so good!! Not much else to say except try it!! 
My "original" printed recipe said you could substitute plum sauce with honey garlic sauce and that's what I did since that's what we had! 
Also, I assume he's not the first person to ever think of this, but Brent has discovered and shared with me that corn starch mixes a LOT more nicely into a sauce if you dissolve into a little water before you add to the other ingredients - it doesn't seem to take away from its thickening ability and just mixes in a lot better with no clumps!! :)
So, buy some plums, nectarines and snow peas and hold on to the last few days of summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment