Friday 19 August 2016

Parmesan Chicken Sandwich


I sort of took my inspiration on this from Moxie’s Parmesan Chicken Sandwich that I always get!!! Yummmmm… parmesan crusted chicken breast with arugula, crispy prosciutto and their soft house made cheese (reminds me of goat cheese) served on a nice ciabatta bun. So here’s my less fancy version…

Pre-heat oven to 250F.

Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in 2 pans on stove top on medium heat, then add a chicken breast (“real” and/or “fake”) and begin cooking. After abut 5 minutes, flip and sprinkle parmesan cheese to coat as well and pinches of salt and pepper. Fry for another 5 minutes or so and flip again, repeating parm cheese and S&P on the other side. The parmesan will start to get crispy!!! Flip again to make the other side crispy and be sure is cooked through.

Open ciabatta buns on a baking sheet and spread goat cheese (I used Boursin Goat Cheese with Rosemary) and bake for about 5 minutes or until bun is starting to get a bit crispy and goat cheese is soft.

Tonight, I topped our buns with leaf lettuce, fresh jalapenos, and Brent’s had tomato and onion on as well, along with each of our chicken breasts

Then I served with a salad on the side topped with cucumbers, radishes and freshly grated parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment