Saturday 20 August 2016

Bruschetta Flatbread

Brent bought some Naan bread so I figured I'd do something with it and had been thinking about Bruschetta since I spotted the seasoning mix in the pantry I got from his mom's store (The Cinnamon Tree - 658 10th Street in Brandon Manitoba in case you didn't know... hehe) - so Bruschetta Flatbread it is!

Here's what I did -

I cut up a small package of Cherry Tomatoes (each cut into quarters) and tossed with 1 TBSP of the Gourmet Village Bruschetta Mix, 1 tsp minced garlic, my last few leaves of fresh basil, about 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a sprinkle of pepper, then set in the fridge for about half an hour.
Preheated oven to 300F.
Pan fried cubed chicken breast for me and Tofurkey chicken strips for Brent, seasoning with a little bit of salt and pepper as it cooked.
I spread about 1 TBSP of pre-made pesto on each naan bread and then spread the cherry tomatoes, chicken and a few spots of goat cheese on each and baked for about 15 minutes until the bottom of the bread was getting crispy. Then I also broiled for a few minutes to brown the goat cheese just a little!!
Served with a small side salad, -just spinach, cucumbers, croutons and we each had different dressings that we liked (Brent had Creamy Poppyseed and I had Greek Feta & Oregano)












No comments:

Post a Comment