Thursday 27 October 2016

Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Veggies and Pasta!




Another healthy recipe! Keep the carbs to a minimum and load up on veggies!

 

½ cup cooked whole wheat pasta

¾ cup shrimp

2 cups of vegetables (I used green and yellow beans and baby carrots)

1 lemon

Herbs and spices you like (I used some dill, basil, and black pepper)

½ tsp minced garlic

1 tsp margarine

 

While preparing and cooking the shrimp and vegetables, cook pasta according to package directions.

 

I used frozen shrimp and let it thaw in the fridge for the day, then removed tails before cooking.

 

Heat margarine and garlic in a frying pan on medium heat, and add shrimp once margarine is melted.  Cook for

 

While shrimp is starting to cook, put veggies and about 1 cup of water in a small covered pot and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.  

 

Lower heat on your shrimp, then drain the vegetables and add to the pan. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the pan (I probably used about 1 TBSP), then sprinkle with the herbs you’ve chosen to your liking.  Mix everything up, cook for a few more minutes until the pasta is done then serve!

 

I squeezed a bit of fresh lemon juice over the whole dish when I was done and sprinkled with some fresh ground pepper! 


PS Brent and I were on different schedules this night and he ended up making his own supper - just finding out exactly what and I'll post it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment