Saturday 8 October 2016

Baked Chicken with Asparagus and Rice

I'm doing a little 21 day challenge to get back to being healthy, fit and toned! So this chicken rub recipe is from Beachbody and my sides to follow  along with my meal plan.



Smoky Southwestern Seasoning
1 TBSP chilli powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (I only had normal paprika!)
1 tsp sea salt



Drizzle chicken breast with 1 tsp olive oil and then season with some of the rub above! Cover and bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until cooked through! I'm not a real sauce lover, so only cooking with rubs and spices is not bothering me in the least but I just put a little bit of BBQ sauce on Brent's veggie chicken breast for a little extra something for him!

I cut some asparagus into small pieces, tossed with 1 tsp garlic and sprinkle of oregano and pepper and put in a frying pan with about 1/4 water, cooking, covered for about 10 minutes on medium heat.

And we served with a small portion of brown rice - cooked according to directions!




No comments:

Post a Comment