Wednesday 27 July 2016

Chicken Caesar Salad



Any vegetarians reading this will know, but anyone like me who had never bothered to read the ingredients on Caesar dressing will not – Caesar dressing is usually made with anchovy paste!  Did that just blow your mind? Cuz it blew mine the first time Brent told me haha 

For awhile when we first met there was a brand of dressing that was vegetarian but we haven’t been able to find it for awhile so have been making our own dressing when we feel like a Caesar!  I've sort of combined different recipes I found to make something with easy ingredients that mix together to taste right!


So, here is my home-made Vegetarian Caesar dressing!


½ cup Mayo

3 TBSP fresh Parmesan cheese

¼ cup olive oil

1 TBSP white wine vinegar

3 gcoves garlic

2 tsp lemon juice

½ tsp ground mustard powder

2 dashes hot sauce

Pinch of cayenne pepper

A couple pinches of salt and pepper


Put all ingredients in mixer and blend on medium speed until combined well!  I usually make this at lunch and then it has time for all the flavors to combine before supper time!


For our salad tonight, I grilled our chicken - my “real” chicken breast and Brent’s veggie chicken breast – just sprinkled with salt and pepper and drizzled with olive oil, BBQ’d until cooked through!  Tossed lettuce with dressing then topped with croutons, fresh parmesan cheese, some “simulated” bacon bits and chicken!




No comments:

Post a Comment