Saturday 23 July 2016

BBQ Lemon Chicken


We BBQ’d tonight! This kinda looks like the most bland, boring, colorless meal I’ve ever made but the flavors were there!  Lemon chicken for me (recipe below), just BBQ Sauce for Brent (he’s not a lemon fan), cauliflower tossed with olive oil, fresh chopped herbs and salt & pepper, and white and wild rice to go along with!  I should have BBQ’d the cauliflower in tin foil though, I just cut up and put in our “basket” that cooks openly in the BBQ and the outside browned a little faster than it took to cook the cauliflower through.  So think it would have been even better if I still tossed with olive oil, herbs, etc but wrapped in foil to cook for about 20 mins.  I’ve been a little obsessed lately with using fresh herbs from my little herb garden – I’m very proud of my little window pot that’s actually growing something and not dying!

 

Lemon BBQ Chicken (my mom’s recipe, not sure where it originated!)

½ cup lemon juice

½ cup olive oil

2 cloves garlic (I usually buy the pre-minced garlic and just take a few small spoonfuls)

Pinch of cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt

 

Mix together (I usually shake in a sealed container to make sure everything is combined well), then marinate chicken for at least 3 hours in the fridge.  Take out of marinade and BBQ for about 10 minutes on each side, brushing the excess marinade a few times as you cook!



No comments:

Post a Comment