Friday 30 June 2017

This or That?



Whose dinner looks better? Depends who you are and what you like I guess! Steak with Sauvignon Blanc for me and Portobello Swiss veggie burger with beer for Brent - both paired with a watermelon salad!

Not much of a fancy recipe here, but for the salad I used mixed greens from the farmer's market here in Carberry, watermelon cubes, crumbled feta, a Renee's balsamic dressing and a nut and seed salad topper (pumpkin sends, sunflower seeds, cashews, cranberries and more!).

We BBQ'd a steak for me - as usual, it's  big, sorry (not sorry)... my dad's a butcher lol - just grilled with some Montreal Steak Spice. Brent had some Portobello Swiss Veggie burgers, so BBQ'd one of them with some mushrooms, jalapeƱos and a fresh cheese slice, topping it with a garlic aioli on a ciabatta bun! Hmmm Brent's veggie burger even sounds more interesting than my steak!!

Just a little dinner inspiration, stay tuned for more recipes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment